The FN pintle weapon systems for multirole vehicles integrate either a 7.62x51mm NATO machine gun - FN MAG®58M or FN MAG® infantry - or a .50 cal machine gun - FN M2HB-QCB™ or FN M3M™ (GAU-21).
The FN M3M™ Pintle Weapon System includes:
- a .50 cal FN M3M™ (GAU-21) machine gun with spade grips
- a medium pintle head (or FN MPH™) including a soft mount
- a feeding kit including a 600 round ammo box and feed chute
- an optional links collector
- an optional day and night vision device
- The weapon is very easy to use:
- outstanding balance during firing
- recoil forces are absorbed by the soft mount
- handles are located on the pintle and not on the gun for optimized accuracy
- High firing rate (1,100 RPM)
- No cook-off problems (open bolt firing)
- No timing adjustment required
- Minimized effort to recock
- Long burst capability
The FN M3M™ Pintle Weapon System can fire 600 rounds in one burst (emergency case).
- Suppressive fire against light armored vehicles
- Threat suppression (.50 cal APEI round)
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all product photographs, descriptions and specifications on this website are accurate. However, inadvertent errors may occur, and changes in design or materials, due to our continual effort to improve products, may result in some change in specifications before subsequent publications are issued. FN Herstal, S.A. reserves the right to modify or change specifications without notice.