Newly Developed FN Fire Control Unit on Display at IDEF 2011
April 28, 2011
FN Herstal will introduce its newly developed FN Fire Control Unit to the Turkish market at IDEF trade show being held in Istanbul from 10 to 13 May 2011
The FN Fire Control Unit: First Round Hits. On Target. Every Time.
Successful target engagement with 40mm LV tube-launched grenades requires precise range estimation to the target and launch at the exact elevation angle, while keeping correct azimuth aiming.
With the FN Fire Control Unit (FN FCU), the shooter can now rely on a light, compact and easily used device to significantly maximize first-round hit probability.
The FN FCU consists of:
- a laser range finder (LRF), which calculates the distance between the shooter and the target
- a clinometer, which measures the difference in elevation/depression between the target and the shooter
- a ballistic computer, which calculates the angle of launch required
- a moving red reticle sight, which gives the correct aiming point
- a weapon cant indicator, which indicates when weapon realignment is required.
Two models are available: the FN FCU-850N and the FN FCU-1.5M. Both offer similar aiming/firing capabilities and benefits, with the FN FCU-1.5M featuring a laser range finder undetectable with Night Vision Goggles.
The FN FCU can fit on any stand-alone or underslug grenade launcher featuring a top Picatinny rail.
For more information regarding FN Herstal's innovative product line, visit us at our booth at IDEF 2011, booth no. 251A or go to www.fnherstal.com.
Alternatively, you can contact Elsint, FN Herstal's representative in Turkey on phone no. +90 312 309 0040 or go to www.elsint.com.tr
Belgium-based FN Herstal is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of small caliber weapons, integrated weapon systems and associated ammunition for Military and Law Enforcement as well as Special Forces Operators worldwide.