The world famous FN MINIMI® Light Machine Gun adapts to new operational conditions: evolution in soldier’s equipment, increased use of accessories, changes in tactics such as shooting from all positions, etc.
The modifications introduced on the FN MINIMI® 7.62 Mk3 are based on feedback from users operating in today’s conflicts. They have resulted in a new light machine gun offering improved ergonomics and improved mobility. The original benefits remain unchanged: hitting power, long range, and high parts commonality with the FN MINIMI® 5.56.
- Ergonomics buttstock adjustable in length (5 positions) and for cheek rest height (6 positions), with folding shoulder rest and integrated hydraulic buffer, available on tactical variant
- Bipod integrated in the handguard, folds back even with accessory on the lower rail
- Cocking handle enables cocking with strong or weak hand
- Feed tray with belt retaining pawls for easy loading with one hand
- Optional heatshield to greatly reduce the risk of inadvertently touching the barrel
For those users having in-service an FN MINIMI® machine gun, a customized upgrade program is available: adapted to your exact needs and easily carried out in your own facilities.
- New buttstock assembly
- New handguard/bipod assembly
- New cocking handle
- Caliber conversion kit to fire 5.56mm ammunition
- Optional heatshield
The FN MINIMI® Mk3 is also available in 5.56x45mm caliber:
- FN MINIMII® 5.56 Mk3 Tactical SB
- FN MINIMII® 5.56 Mk3 Tactical LB
- FN MINIMII® 5.56 Mk3 Para
- FN MINIMII® 5.56 Mk3 Standard
- FN MINIMII® 5.56 Mk3 SF
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all product photographs, descriptions and specifications on this website are accurate. However, inadvertent errors may occur, and changes in design or materials, due to our continual effort to improve products, may result in some change in specifications before subsequent publications are issued. FN Herstal, S.A. reserves the right to modify or change specifications without notice.