FN Herstal unveils its new aiming solution at DSEI 2019 Exhibition
Belgium-based FN Herstal, one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of small caliber weapons and weapon systems, will showcase its newly-developed ballistic calculator at Defense and Security Equipment International Exhibition from September 10 through to September 13.
The most compact, high-performance ballistic calculator on the market.
FN Herstal has developed a new compact weapon mounted range finder with an embedded ballistic solver and an all-in-one laser system. This ruggedized device fits to any squad weapon, and replaces devices like legacy laser aiming devices, handheld range finders and smartphone-based ballistic apps.
The FN® Ballistic Calculator enhances lethality by increasing hit probability and situational awareness, and simplifying target designation.
The FN® Ballistic Calculator combines ballistic sensors and laser capabilities in a small form factor. It integrates:
- a unique ballistic solver capable of efficiently managing the effect of bullet trajectory
- an advanced state-of-the-art laser range finder
- a state-of-the-art OLED screen that displays relevant and accurate ballistic correction data in an optimum quality
- a large number of designation capabilities such as a visible or infrared laser pointer, and a variable infrared illuminator
- a system to quickly and securely attach the ballistic calculator onto the host weapon
- different technologies such as Bluetooth or RS232 to connect to a soldier system or any other accessories
With the addition of this military quality product, FN Herstal continues to expand its FN® e-novation product line, which harnesses modern technology to further enhance the capabilities of the dismounted combatant.
The new FN® Ballistic Calculator can be seen on FN Herstal/FNH UK booth N2-300 – Belgian Pavilion, September 10-13, 2019.
For more information click here.
Issued on September 5, 2019